Frontier Airlines is a leading air operator of the country. It is best known for its policies and low-cost scheduled flight services. When it comes to travelling with your feline friend, this Denver-based airline has the best rules. Keep on reading this post to learn more about the Frontier Airlines pet policy.
Frontier Pet Policy
Once you are done or finalise your plans, you are suggested to get in touch with the customer support of Frontier Airlines. By connecting with them, you will be able to book a spot for your furry friend. However, before you decide and book your tickets, you should know that the airline does not accept pets on all routes. Additionally, its partner may also not allow any pet. Therefore, you should choose the flight and route keeping all the necessary aspects of the Frontier Airlines pet policy in mind.
Frontier Airlines in Cabin Pet Policy
According to the Frontier Airlines pet flying policy, you can keep your pet in the cabin only when you travel within the USA. Even though pets are allowed on international routes, it will become your responsibility to make proper arrangements as per the laws and restrictions of the country you are flying to. Keep one thing in mind that pet policy may differ from one country and one region to another. Therefore, you should check the same to ensure a smooth transition for your loving pet.
Carrier Rules for Pets
According to the updated Frontier Airlines pet carry-on policy, your pet will only be allowed to travel as a carry-on or personal item. But yes, you must abide by the carrier rules in terms of size. Here are the dimensions of the carrier mentioned by the concerned authorities and the airline:
- Pet Carrier like a Carry-On Item: 10 inches (H) x 16 inches (W) x 24 inches (L)
- Pet Carrier like a Personal Item: 8 inches (H) x 14 inches (W) x 18 inches (L)
NOTE: While choosing a carrier for your pet, you are advised to pick one in which a pet can easily sit, stand, and move around. Lastly, you should ensure that the carrier has soft sides so that your pet can have a comfortable and enjoyable travel experience.
Essential Points to Keep in Mind
Frontier Airlines is a prestigious name at present. To maintain its reputation and provide people with the most exciting experience, Frontier ensures everything possible from its end. And pet policy for Frontier Airlines is yet another aspect that makes it a perfect pick. Now, check out the following important points of this policy to make things simpler:
- Only domesticated pets i.e. cats, dogs, rabbits, hamsters, guinea pigs, small birds, etc. are allowed
- You will need to carry all wellness and health documents of your pet
- Giving food or water to your pet within 4 hours of the scheduled departure is strictly not allowed
- The pet you are travelling with should be harmless, odourless, and need no attention during the travel
Frontier Airlines Pet Policy Fee
Travelling with a pet can come with an additional fee. As per the policy, you will require paying an amount of USD99 for a one-way trip. In addition to this, you will need to pay this amount in advance while Book a Flight Ticket. In case you do not pay this amount at the time of reservation, you can pay it at the time of check-in. Please remember that you will have to pay an additional amount if you choose to keep your loving pet like a carry-on item.
REMEMBER: The carrier you choose for your pet should have the dimension as per the policy and it must fit easily underneath the front seat.
Frontier Pets Policy for Service Animals
If you are travelling with a service animal, then the airline will only accept the dogs that are well-trained and well-behaved and able to perform the tasks for the accompanied person with a disability. The US Department of Transportation also states clearly that your service dog should be entitled as the ‘psychiatric service animals’.
Important Things of Frontier Service Pets Policy to Remember
To make the travel of service animals joyful and hassle-free, there are some important pointers that you must keep in mind. And these are:
- You will need to fill out and submit the ‘Service Animal Air Transportation’ form at least 48 hours prior to your scheduled departure
- You cannot submit the form online or via any other method. You will need to do it in-person at your departure airport
- Do not forget to attach the necessary documents of your pet’s health, wellness, behaviour, etc.
- As per the Frontier Airlines pet policy, the spot should be booked at least 48 or more hours before the given travel time
Rules and Restrictions for a Service Animal
The Frontier Airlines service pet policy has some rules and restrictions. Have a look at the following to know more about the same:
- The airline will only accept pet dogs as the service animals in the cabin
- The dog must be well-trained and listed as the psychiatric animal
- An individual with a disability can only travel with up to 2 service animals
- The airline will not accept the comfort, untrained, or companionship animals as service animals
- Your pet should be trained to behave well during the journey and when around the people
- You are advised to use a harness, tethered, or/and leash throughout the journey and at the airport
- If your pet is under training, then they will not be accepted as service animals
- The age of your pet to be accepted as a service animal will be over 4 months
- Only one service animal (dog) will be allowed with a person in the cabin
- Dogs with any disruptive behaviour like barking, growling, biting, lunging, whining, etc. may be denied the boarding
Rules for International Fly of Frontier Pet Policy
As per the Frontier Airlines pet policy for international routes, pets and service animals can travel to or from domestic routes. But yes, some international countries do not accept or have different yet strict rules for travelling with pets. Hence, you are advised to go through the country’s specific rules and regulations for travelling with a pet to avoid unnecessary hassles.
Frontier Airlines Pet Policy Emotional Support
As per the regulations of the US Department of Transportation and Frontier’s updated pet policy for emotional support on 1st February 2021, no emotional support animal is accepted in the flights. You are advised to connect with the airline’s customer care for more details and professional guidance.
These are a few important aspects of the Frontier Airlines pet policy you must know if you have plans to fly with your loving dog, cat, etc. However, you are also advised to connect with the airline immediately if you have any doubt about the policy because if you do not do so, you will need to face issues on the travel day. So, feel free and allow your pet to enjoy his time while travelling.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) Related to Frontier Airlines Pet Policy
Look at the following to know the answers of the frequently asked questions about the Frontier Airlines pet policy and related aspects: