If you have previously taken the flight of Frontier Airlines, then you know how amazing the experience they provide. Well! The credit for such an outstanding experience goes to the great services and world-class products bestowed by the airline to its flyers. However, there are some unavoidable circumstances that force you to change or even cancel your reservation. Fortunately, like other services and products, the flexible Frontier Airlines cancellation policy is quite rewarding and allows its passengers to cancel their reservations in the best way possible. Amid COVID-19, the airline has revised its cancellation policy. Continue reading for more details.
Frontier Airlines Cancellation Policy for COVID-19
Before we talk about Frontier Airlines flight cancellation policy, let us shed some light on the revised aspects of the same for 2021. According to the revised policy, all passengers can cancel their flight tickets and get a full refund. However, this benefit will be provided under some special situations. And these include:
- The flight ticket should be cancelled within 24 hours of the purchase and at least 168 hours (7 days) before the scheduled departure time
- The airline cancels the flight and you do not want to take the alternative flight
- You have purchased a refundable ticket with WORKS bundle
- You are cancelling the ticket issued by the airline between 22nd December 2020 and 31st March 2021
- You have an award ticket but you must cancel it up to 8 days before the scheduled departure time
- Special circumstances like serious illness or death of the passenger or his any close family member, military service, jury duty, etc. However, you will need to present the supportive documents for the same
- Cancel your ticket at least 2 months (60 days) before the scheduled departure time
Frontier Airlines 24-Hour Cancellation Policy
The airline has this special policy so that you can change or cancel your reservation for free. According to the Frontier Airlines cancellation policy 24 hours, you can cancel your booking and get a full refund, irrespective of the fare type chosen. However, you will need to cancel the tickets within 24 hours of the booking and at least 7 days before the scheduled departure time. You will need to pay an amount as a fee as per the Frontier Airlines ticket cancellation policy if you miss this risk-free window.
Frontier Airlines Ticket Cancellation Policy
Still finding the answer to – what is Frontier Airlines cancellation policy! Well! You know about the 24-hour cancellation policy. What if you miss this risk-free cancellation timeframe! Do not worry! You can still cancel your ticket. However, you may or may not get a refund for such cancellations. In addition to this, you will need to pay an amount as the cancellation fee.
We have tabulated the same details below. So, take a close look to understand it in the best way possible:
|Time of the Flight Cancellation||Cancellation Fee|
|Within 24 Hours of the Booking||FREE|
|60 or More Days before the Scheduled Departure||FREE|
|59 to 7 Days before the Scheduled Departure||US$39|
|6 or Less Days before the Scheduled Departure including the Same-Day||US$59|
Please note that after canceling your flight ticket, the airline will deduct the cancellation fee from the total fare and credit the remaining amount to your account as a TRAVEL CREDIT. It will be valid for 90 days which can be used in the next booking. These credits can only be used for booking, you cannot redeem them to cash.
The WORKS Bundles and Cancellation Fee
If you have a WORKS bundles ticket, then you will not require paying any cancellation fee. In addition to this, you will be provided with a full refund. However, you will need to submit a duly filled refund form online to get your money back.
Rules and Cancellation Policy of Frontier Airlines
The airline has certain rules for flight change or cancellation. It includes the following:
- You should change or cancel your flight tickets prior to the check-in time of your flight. For instance, you must cancel 45 minutes and 60 minutes before the departure of your domestic and international flight respectively
- In case you cancel and rebook your tickets, then you will need to pay the difference fare amount, if any
- In case you do not check-in on time or board the flight, the airline will consider it as “NO SHOW” and your amount will forfeit
How to Cancel Your Flight Tickets on Frontier Airlines?
Being a leading airline in the country, you will be provided with different modes for canceling your tickets. Check out the following for more details:
Cancel Your Ticket Online
- Go to the official website of Frontier Airlines
- Find and click on the option MANAGE TRIP
- Select the “REVIEW/CHANGE” option
- Now, enter last name along with the 6-digit confirmation code
- Upon this, you will be provided with the flight details on your screen
- Choose the one that you want to cancel
When the cancellation process is done, you will receive a mail or SMS on your registered email ID or phone number regarding the same.
Cancel Your Ticket via a Phone Call
In case you are unable to cancel your tickets online as per the Frontier Airlines trip cancellation policy, you can cancel it by calling on the customer service number of the airline. Just provide the Frontier executive with the requested details including the reason for the cancellation so that they can cancel the ticket.
Tips for Avoiding the Frontier Airlines Cancellation Fees
Want to save on the cancellation fees? Check out the following tips to learn more but as per the Frontier Airlines cancel flight policy:
- Book your tickets at least 7 days before your trip. This will help you change or even cancel your tickets for free and within 24 hours of the purchase. It applies to all fare types
- Buy the WORKS bundle tickets, if possible. Even though it will cost you a little more, you can avoid cancellation fee in case you change your travel plans
- Avoid cancellation fees by earning the ELITE status
- If the flight is cancelled or rescheduled due to climatic or corporate reasons, then you can rebook your tickets for free as per the rules of Frontier Airlines cancellation policy due to weather or Frontier Airlines cancellation policy with insurance
Flight Cancellation due to Severe Illness or Death
As per the Frontier Airlines emergency cancellation policy, you can cancel your tickets for free if you fall seriously sick right before the scheduled departure time of the flight or due to the passenger’s or close family member’s death. But yes, you will need to submit the essential documents like a death certificate, medical certificate, etc. to avail of the benefits.
Get in Touch with us to Learn More about the Cancellation Policy
Puzzled? Connect with us and our dedicated team members will help you understand every crucial aspect of Frontier Airlines cancellation policy and related rules. Since our executives are adept and skilled enough to help you learn the policy in the simplest way possible. So, count on us for more details.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) Related to Frontier Cancellation Policy
Here are some frequently asked questions about Frontier Airlines cancellation policy and related aspects that have been listed below. Just take a close look: