Frontier Airlines is a well-known and highly preferred low-cost American carrier. Based in Denver, Colorado, it is a popular option to fly within and outside the country. At present, it is serving more than 130 destinations across the world (100 domestic and 31 international). If you are planning to book a flight ticket or already have a booking, then it is quintessential for you to understand its policies – particularly the baggage policy of Frontier Airlines. And to ease everything, we have come up with this post wherein you will get to know every aspect of Frontier Airlines baggage policy and fees. So, keep on reading for more.
A Brief Synopsis of Frontier Airlines Baggage Policy
Before we dive deep into the policy and related details, check out the following essential points to have a fair idea of the same:
- The Frontier Airlines policy baggage fee increases with time. It means the earlier you buy the carry-on or/and checked baggage, the lesser you will need to pay
- You will need to pay an amount of US$75 + US$75 for oversized (above 60inches) and overweight (over 23kg) checked bags
- The airline does not accept the bags having 110 inches overall dimensions and 46kg of weight. For Canada, the weight should not be more than 70lbs
- Your carry-on bag should be of 61cm x 41cm x 25cm in size and has the weight of 16kg. It should also fit under the front seat or overhead bin
- For domestic flights, the bags should be checked up to 45 minutes and 60 minutes for international flight’s schedule departure time
- You can carry assistive devices like crutches, wheelchair, braces, strollers, child restraint systems, etc. without paying any additional amount. However, these should separately be packed in the safe packaging
- If you have a member of Frontier Miles Elite or have WORKS or PERKS bundle, then you will be entitled for the one free carry-on and one free checked baggage
- If you are a military personnel and traveling in uniform (on duty), then you will be allowed to carry 2 bags free of cost. The Frontier Airlines military baggage policy allows you to enjoy oversize and overweight fees waiver on the first 2 bags also
- You can pay the standard baggage fee online, via phone, or simply at the airport but the fees of oversized and overweight bags can only be separately paid at the airport
Baggage Policy for Frontier Airlines
While traveling on Frontier Airlines, you will be allowed certain baggage items on a free as well as the paid basis. We have tabulated the same details so that you can understand the same:
|FREE Items||PAID Items|
|One personal carry-on bag|
Diaper bags for kids
Frontier Airlines Carry-On Baggage Policy
As per the Frontier Airlines baggage policy 2018 for carry-on baggage, you will need to pay a certain amount as the fee. However, this fee will be waived off if you have the “Frontier Miles Elite” status or bought the “WORKS or PERKS” bundles. According to the Frontier Airlines baggage policy 2019, you can carry one personal item like a small briefcase, purse, or laptop bag for free. The item should have a dimension of 36cm x 46cm x 20cm and must fit under the front seat.
You can also purchase one carry-on item that includes a suitcase, backpack, small duffel bag, etc. However, the item should not be more than 16kg in weight and have a dimension of 61cm x 41cm x 25cm. Please note that the wheels, straps, and handles are also included in the bag’s size. An extra amount will be paid by you if your bags exceed the given limit of weight and/or dimensions.
Frontier Airlines Baggage Fees Policy for Carry-On Bags
The carry-on bags fee highly depends on the fare type, route, and the mode of booking the tickets chosen. Check out the following table for more:
|Time & Mode of Purchase||Fees for Carry-On Baggage|
|Online (at the time of flight ticket booking)||USD37-USD39|
|Online (up to 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure)||USD40-USD42|
|Online/Mobile (during check-in)||USD43|
|Via a Phone Call/Phone||USD53-USD55|
|Counter Check-In at Airport/Kiosk Screen||USD55|
|At the Airport Gate||USD60|
Frontier Airlines Checked Baggage Policy
As per the checked baggage policy of Frontier Airlines, you will need to pay the fees according to the time, platform, route, and fare type chosen. Except for Elite members and Works & Perks bundle holders, others will need to pay the baggage fees as per the rules. If you want to save more, then you are suggested to pay the fee at the time of flight booking online. Please note that if you choose to pay at the airport, departure gate, or online within 24 hours of the scheduled departure, then you will need to pay more.
When it comes to the baggage dimensions, it must be 157cm overall and should weigh up to 23kg only. If your bags exceed this limit, you will need to pay the overweight or/and oversized baggage fee at the airport. Besides, you should check in your bags up to 45 minutes and 60 minutes prior to the scheduled departure of your domestic and international flights respectively.
Look at the following table to learn more about the paid optional, paid special, and free special items that can be carried:
|Paid Check Items (Optional)||Paid Special Items (indicative list)||Free Special Items|
|Connect with the airline to know the items included. However, the dimensions should be 157cm and weight is 23kg||Skis|
Please note, these checked bags will include straps, wheels, and handles. To learn more about the checked Frontier Airlines baggage policy for economy and other classes, get in touch with the customer support team of the airline.
Frontier Airlines Baggage Fees Policy for Checked Bags
The detailed information of checked baggage fee has been tabulated below. Just take a look:
|Time & Mode of Purchase||Standard Bags Fee (weight should be up to 23kg)|
|Bag 1||Bag 2||Bag 3 and More|
|Online (at the time of ticket booking)||USD32-USD37||USD34-USD50||USD85|
|Online (prior or up to 24 hours of the departure time)||USD38-USD45||USD45-USD50||USD85|
|Via a Phone Call or Phone||USD55||USD55||USD95|
|During Online or Mobile Check-In||USD40-USD46||USD55||USD90|
|Airport or Kiosk Check-In||USD50||USD55||USD95|
Frontier Airlines Baggage Policy and Fees for Oversized and Overweight Bags
If your bags exceed the limit of weight and size given by the airline, then you must check out the following for detailed information:
- Overweight Bags between 23kg and 45kg: USD75
- Oversized Bags between 60in and 110in: USD75
Frontier Airlines Baggage Policy for Sports Equipment
For sports equipment, regular rules of baggage policy apply. It means you can carry sports equipment such as bows & arrows, tennis rackets, bowling balls, hockey sticks, golf equipment, etc. with you. In case your sports gear exceeds the limit recommended, you will need to pay the overweight and oversized baggage fees.
If you are traveling with a bicycle or antler, then the fee will be USD75 and USD100 respectively. Furthermore, you must pack your sports equipment and gears in safe packaging which is particularly designed for them.
Baggage Policy of Frontier Airlines for Other Items
Now, you know what the Frontier Airlines baggage policy is! Hence, it is important for you to check out the items (apart from the ones listed above) that are allowed on a free as well as the paid basis:
- AA-approved portable oxygen cylinders
- Battery-powered respiratory tools like CPAP machines, ventilators, respirators, etc.
- Musical instruments
Steps to Pay Baggage Fees as per Frontier Airlines Policy
The airline provides you with numerous options to pay the applicable baggage fees. To save more, you must pay the fees at the time of flight booking via the official website or phone. In case you are unable to do so, you can still pay the amount at the airport. However, it will cost you a little bit more.
Look at the following if you want to pay the baggage fee online:
- Visit the official website of Frontier Airlines
- Go to the MANAGE TRIP option
- Click on the REVIEW/CHANGE option to view your booking
- Now, enter the last name along with confirmation code in the given boxes
- Press the SEARCH button
- Choose your flight and click on the option “ADD BAGGAGE”
- Purchase baggage and pay the applicable amount
You can also make the best use of Frontier Airlines’ official mobile app to buy baggage. Just open the app and go to the MY TRIP/CHECK-IN option. After this, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the baggage fees payment process.
Frontier Airlines Lost Baggage Policy
As per the Frontier Airlines lost baggage policy, you can report if your checked bag does not reach to you. For this, connect with the Frontier executive (if you are at the airport) or simply fill out the DELAYED BAGGAGE form and submit it. You can also call the Frontier Baggage Office to report the same or know the status of your missing or delayed bags.
Count on Us to Learn More about Frontier Airlines Baggage Policy
Have questions? Do not worry! Just get in touch with us and our dedicated team of professionals will help you find the answers to all your concerns and queries. We are in this field for the last many years. Hence, we understand what is needed by our users. For this, we have a team that consists of highly skilled, well-trained, and knowledgeable members. So, whether you want to know the Frontier Airlines baggage weight policy or simply need details about the Frontier Airlines baggage policy for the military and others, you can come to us and we will provide you with every essential detail in the simplest way possible.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) Related to Frontier Airlines Baggage Policy
Here are the answers to some commonly asked questions about Frontier Airlines baggage policy and related aspects: